Happy Friday Everyone!

Friday is here already! I can not wait until this weekend when I can find some time to sit down and to write.

One of my good friends and critique partner, Marie Martin, is celebrating the release of her new novel, Maternal Harbor. This was an exciting read that kept me on the edge of my seat. I just couldn't put down. The blurb on the back cover reads: Teagan O’Riley was pregnant and alone when she met three single mothers at an OB clinic. A few weeks later, two of them are dead and the third is close on Teagan’s heels, intent on a campaign of twisted murder and insanity. Teagan cannot risk entrusting the three infants to the police with her finger prints all over one crime scene and her foot print smeared into blood at another. She flees with the babies to a wilderness cabin belonging to her lost love’s grandmother, but is even this remote location safe?




A few fun questions I asked Marie...

1. What are your favorite books? The Bible, A Painted House by John Grisham and The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver

2. Can you describe your novel in four words or less? Murder and Motherhood

3. Why did you choose to become an writer? Couldn't help myself. The words were there and they spilled out onto paper.

4. Were you a reader as a child? My mother was a librarian. We were raised with books and no tv.

5. How did you come up with the idea for your novel? Trying to figure out what I knew about so I could write about that. Well I knew about babies. I had four and 10 grandkids when I wrote this story.

6. Do you have any advice for struggling writers? Get to a place that is quiet, with a tablet and pencil. Let the words flow onto the paper without thinking of any thing else. later they can be put into your computer for refinement.

7. What is your favorite bird? A house finch. They have the prettiest sound.

Order Your Copy of Maternal Harbor at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096VTEVK/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb
2 comments on "Happy Friday Everyone!"
  1. The saying, sweat, blood and tears, is so real in the crafting of a novel. Together, in a tough but honest critique group, Angie and I survived and learned. I am so proud of her unfailing spirit in mastering the art of putting words on paper and then to learn the marketing aspect. It seems amazing that finally we both have books in the market place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! The cover is lovely, and the three-word blurb very intriguing. I also love the idea of going someplace quiet with nothing but a tablet and a pencil, and letting the words flow.

    ReplyDelete